Got a Warrant for Suspended License

Asked over 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I've got caught driving on suspended. Went to jail, got out and went to court. I was ordered to get my license by the next court date or go to jail. I owed almost $2000 in order to get my license ba.ck due to prior accident, and have been trying to pay off. So i didnt go back to court and a warrant was issued. What should i do? I've been paying for years off and on for that accident which means low income.

1. Don Waggoner

4

Answered . I know you are broke and getting your license back is costing you a lot of money, but you really need to hire an attorney to help you out. Or, just turn yourself in and get it over with. An attorney can help you stay out of jail and work out a way to get your license back.

2. David P. Gilbert

Pro

3

Answered . Hire a private defense attorney or get a public defender. You will have some issues with your bond (cash or surety) because of your failure to appear. A defense attorney should be able to get the warrant removed without you appearing in court, depending on the Judge. Most driving on suspended cases can be resolved without any jail time or probation. You may be facing a five year license revocation depending on your priors. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me for a free consultation (727) 260-5754. I provide criminal and traffic defense in Hillsborough County.

3. James Regan

Pro

3

Answered . In this case- and I hope my colleagues don't boo me- save your lawyer money for your license pay off money. Contact the Hillsborough Public Defender's Office and tell the, your situation. They will do their best to help you.

Sincerely,

James Regan, LL.M, Esq.
    Http://www.defendme.net

4. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

Answered . You might want to take out a loan so you can (1) pay off your tickets and get your DL back and (2) so you can hire a good attorney to get this all cleared up.

In the long run, such a course of action will be much cheaper for you.