Got a ticket for failure to yield the right away and got in a car accident i have to go to court what is going to happen?

Asked over 4 years ago - Glencoe, MN

Got a ticket for failure to yield the right away and got in a car accident there wasnt to much damage to there car and my insurance already paid for it.

I made the stop look both ways and i never saw the other car, so i made a left turn, and i felt i hit something.

1. Joseph A Blaszkow

3

Best Answer

Answered . If I had a crystal ball that worked I would be doing something besides practicing law. Noone knows what is going to happen in your traffic case. But understand that the governement has the burden of proving that you committed the violation. Go to trial and make them prove you guilty. Good luck.

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Sam Louis Levine

Answered . Your best pay is to plead nolo contendere & pay the fine, unless you have evidence to support your claim that you did not cause the accident, such as witnesses, etc.. This type of plea will typically result in the ticket not going on your driving record.