Skip to main content

Got a speeding ticket on I 95,my first speeding ticket,what steps should i take to pay for it without appearing in court?plz hlp

Wilmington, NC |

87 mph on 70 zone,I was rushing home on due to emergency call i had that my home was flooded.what do i need to do?

Attorney Answers 3


If you plead guilty to 87 in a 70 your license will be suspended for 30 days. The speed you were traveling requires a mandatory appearance unless you hire an attorney. If you are a NC licensee your attorney can get you a pjc or improper equipment to spare you license points. I strongly suggest that you hire an attorney. If you are from out of state a pjc may not be recognized by your state. Make sure you hire an experienced attorney that will look at your record. Be honest with your attorney about any convictions or reductions that you have received in the past. Inform the attorney of you have others under your insurance policy. Due to the speed you were traveling you need to hire someone with experience that knows what they are doing.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you do not want to go to court then hire a lawyer. Otherwise you will have to go. Please do not just pay off the ticket through the mail.

For informational purposes only. This comment is not intended to be legal advice.

Mark as helpful


Because of the speed, you will either have to appear in court or hire an attorney. An attorney will be able to obtain a greater reduction for you, saving you money on your car insurance for years to come. NEVER JUST PAY OFF A TICKET.

Mark as helpful

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics