Got a photo ticket but I was not the driver. It was actually my brother and we kinda look alike. What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - El Mirage, AZ

I am trying to send in the paperwork saying it was not me, and just not state who the driver was. But I am worried because I look somewhat like my brother. We obviously have a different facial features, but we're Asian so most people think we look alike. If I claim that it's not me, could they tell me to come to court just because I look similar to the picture?

1. Guy W Bluff

Pro

2

Answered . Mail the summons back to the court with a color photocopy of your drivers license. On the front of the document write "Not Me". Nothing else. DO NOT SIGN THE FORM anywhere. Just write "Not Me." Typically the Clerk will just dismiss the citation without further action.