Got a letter from the DMV revoking my license due to "causing a serious injury".

San Diego, CA |

I did not get the police report yet since this just happened. i received nothing in mail as far as a citation etc. I made a apt. for a hearing. I supposedly hit a blind person crossing the street at nite. It was dark and he had a dog that took off. I believe he walked into my car as i was about to turn. I stopped at the stop line and just began my turn. Please advise.

1. If you hit a person, this is not something that you should be trying to find answers online for. This is a serious matter and you may end up getting charged with a hit/run in Court. Take a proactive step and contact a couple of local attorneys to discuss the details of what happened. Don't post any more details here.

You will need to start taking affirmative action to defend yourself.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

2. You should obtain a free consultation from a local defense attorney to ensure all your rights are observed. At the very least, the attorney will need to take action with the DMV while also ensuring a criminal action doesn't result from this incident. You should not hesitate to call now and see what can be done to ensure the best possible result.

Law Office of Andrew Limberg, APLC 380 S. Melrose Dr., #329 Vista, CA 92081 (760) 806-4381

3. This is appears to be a hit and run which are very difficult to prosecute unless you confess to it just like you did here in this posting. I strongly encourage you to stop discussing the facts online and to lawyer up while you may still have an opportunity to get the matter dismissed. If you could delete this message the I highly recommend that you do it. Hope you did not admit anything to the DMV. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

4. Hire a locally experienced criminal defense attorney to assist with DMV and possible hit and run with injury (felony?) charges.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

5. These are potentially serious acts. You should obtain a free consultation from a local defense attorney to ensure all your rights are observed. As said above, do not post anything more on the site as to the facts of the case. Good luck.