Got a letter from the DMV revoking my license due to "causing a serious injury".

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I did not get the police report yet since this just happened. i received nothing in mail as far as a citation etc. I made a apt. for a hearing. I supposedly hit a blind person crossing the street at nite. It was dark and he had a dog that took off. I believe he walked into my car as i was about to turn. I stopped at the stop line and just began my turn. Please advise.

1. Andrew Michael Limberg

Pro

3

Answered . You should obtain a free consultation from a local defense attorney to ensure all your rights are observed. At the very least, the attorney will need to take action with the DMV while also ensuring a criminal action doesn't result from this incident. You should not hesitate to call now and see what can be done to ensure the best possible result.

Law Office of Andrew Limberg, APLC 380 S. Melrose Dr., #329 Vista, CA 92081 (760) 806-4381
  2. Matthew Murillo

Pro

2

Answered . If you hit a person, this is not something that you should be trying to find answers online for. This is a serious matter and you may end up getting charged with a hit/run in Court. Take a proactive step and contact a couple of local attorneys to discuss the details of what happened. Don't post any more details here.

You will need to start taking affirmative action to defend yourself.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . This is appears to be a hit and run which are very difficult to prosecute unless you confess to it just like you did here in this posting. I strongly encourage you to stop discussing the facts online and to lawyer up while you may still have an opportunity to get the matter dismissed. If you could delete this message the I highly recommend that you do it. Hope you did not admit anything to the DMV. Good luck.

4. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

2

Answered . Hire a locally experienced criminal defense attorney to assist with DMV and possible hit and run with injury (felony?) charges.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  5. Mark Lawrence Deniz

Pro

1

Answered . These are potentially serious acts. You should obtain a free consultation from a local defense attorney to ensure all your rights are observed. As said above, do not post anything more on the site as to the facts of the case. Good luck.