Got a fix it ticket for expired registration, but had to sell my car, it is now destroyed.

My car broke down and it wasn't worth the money to fix it, so I sold it to a dismantler and it is now destroyed. How do I handle this for court. Can I show proof that the car no longer exists to the CHP to get the ticket signed off?

Carmichael, CA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Thousand Oaks, CA

The Only thing you can do is bring any proof that you sold car. I believe you had to file papers with DMV to show it was non operational and sold .

Sponsored Listing
Michael J Silveira

Michael J Silveira

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

Yes, bring any proof you can to court and explain your situation.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.