Got a DWI last night blew a . 15

Asked over 1 year ago - Newburgh, NY

the other night around 12 : amain i left a bar pull out drove not even a 1 / 4 of a mile and got pulled over he side i went over the line ask me 2 step out of the car ask if i had anything that could make me fail these test i told him about my bad knees i fail test i blew a . 15 at station on paper work he said i didn't have anything that would prevent me from passing test didn't write down about my knees and also wrote i got pulled over at 12 : amain when i left the bar at 12 : amain and there was no video recording and before the bar there is about a 4 mile straight away and i told him i had 2 beers and a shot and he wrote down i had 6 drinks on the paper work and this is my 1st DWI and pretty much 1st time getting pulled over

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

13

Answered . Retain a criminal defense lawyer with DWI experience. Do not post details on line, it is not confidential.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

11

Answered . You need to hire an attorney to help you. The problems with the paperwork may help but the attorney would need all the facts + speak to any witnesses.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

9

Answered . That is s high BAC. Hire a criminal defense lawyer who knows how to handle s dui case.

4. Christopher Irvin Simser

9

Answered . Your question raises a number of issues. Candidly, your case is not at all uncommon. It is likely the bar you left is one regularly monitored by the police in the hopes of effectuating DWI arrests.

That said, contact an attorney in your area who is familiar with the courts and DA's office. Make sure he or she has specific experience in DWI defense.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
    Anelli Xavier
    269 West Jefferson Street, 2nd Floor
    Syracuse, NY 13202
    1-800-DWI-TEAM

5. Jonathan Neal Portner

Pro

8

Answered . Retain an experienced DUI Attorney now. If this

6. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

5

Answered . Retain a lawyer post haste. Money to retain the right counsel should not be a consideration. You blew a .15 in a bad venue. There is a great likelihood that you will end up with a criminal conviction with the wrong lawyer.

7. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . An experienced attorney will get you the best result.

8. Patrick Ferriter Scully

2

Answered . You should hire an attorney experienced in DWIs immediately.

A DWI arrest is a serious matter. Presuming the court has received a certified chemical breath test report, the judge is required by law to suspend your driver's license pending prosecution. However, you may be eligible for a hardship driver's license from the court which will allow you to drive to and from work, but such an application is best made with the assistance of qualified and experienced counsel.

Furthermore, should you be convicted of a DWI, there will be an additional license revocation period; a requirement for your to install and maintain an ignition interlock device for at least six (6) months; fines/probation/incarceration depending on your criminal history or lack thereof, etc...

This is a very important and complex matter. It should be treated as such.

One or more answers have been taken down.