Got a DUI while visiting in SC with a FL license. How do I go to alcohol drug safety school in Florida to comply ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaufort, SC

I've paid my reinstatement fine to SC of $100 and was told after I complete course I will be able to get a route restricted license from FL.
Do I need to hire an attorney for all of this ?

The program in SC is called ADSAP ( Alcohol Drug Safety Action Program). I can't seem to find that same program in FL ( Ft. Lauderdale - Broward County). Is there someone I can call who can tell me what programs in my area are reciprocal with SC ? I was also told that as soon as I complete a program in FL that I can appy for a route restricted driver's license. This DUI is my first offense. Do I apply at the FL DMV in Ft. Lauderdale for the RR license when I am finished with the school? And also send a copy of completed program to the SC DMV ?

1. Dale Martin Savage

3

Answered . In SC you need to enroll in ADSAP within 30 days of your sentence so the clock is ticking fast. I'm assuming you've actually pled guilty but its not entirely clear from the post. Feel free to contact me, I'm happy to try to help out.

2. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

3

Answered . Confer wth local SC counsel.
    Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

3. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

2

Answered . You really should sit down and consult with an experienced dwi attorney to discuss your options. I don't know how it works in South Carolina but in CT I can get clients permission to satisfy the program requirements out of state. Consult with an attorney.