Got a DUI in New Jersey about 25 years ago and did the classes in Pennsylvania to satisfy New Jersey. Recently got a DUI in

Pennsburg, PA |

Allentown. Would this prohibit me from getting ARD? Nothing shows on my criminal report or on the National Driver Register. I am concerned that this class will show up and prohibit me from getting ARD

1. You are satisfying a 10 year look back period. Please remember, though, that ARD is withing total discretion of the DA. THey don't have to offer it

2. There is a good chance that the prior DUI will show up when the DA runs your background check. My understanding is that the DA has access to the FBI database which should have your entire criminal history. It is still worth a shot to apply for ARD, although, I would not be surprised if you are denied.

Feel free to contact my office if you wish to further discuss this matter during a free, no-obligation consultation. You owe it to yourself to contact an attorney regarding the charges you are facing in Lehigh County.

Thanks for your question and best of luck!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fienman is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His phone number is 215-839-9529 and his email address is michael@forgoodlaw.com . To learn more about Mr. Fienman, please visit his website: http://www.forgoodlaw.com Mr. Fienman is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Fienman's responses are merely educational and are intended only to provide general information about the matter stated in question. Oftentimes, the question does not include significant facts that, if known, could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fienman always recommends that the questioner contact an attorney who is licensed in their state to ensure that proper advice is received. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

3. Due to the fact that it was so long ago and in NJ a first DUI is a moving violation, not a misdemeanor, I believe that you have a reasonable chance. However, it is within the DA's discretion to reject you from ARD.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

4. Contact a defense attorney in Allentown who is familiar with the DAs in lehigh county. Someone like that will be able to answer the question from a stand point of experience in that county.

5. I would have to know all the details before giving a more solid answer but I represent a lot of defendants in Lehigh County and I believe that with the right lawyer you can get ARD. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the specifics of your case. My number is 215-256-0205.