Got a DUI, what am I going to expect at court?

Oxnard, CA |

So I had 3 drinks at Chills after work in the matter of 2 and a half hours. After I drove home got on the freeway in the slow lane and got cut off by a car that almost hit me, which made me panick and I swerved toward the middle barricade and spun out, my car was totaled. Nobody was involved but I was arrested for a DUI my BAC was .111

You should expect to be charged with a DUI and for the DUI to try and suspend your license. You should have an attorney review your case and help defend you, both in court and at the DMV. This is a very serious case with life long implications.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.

You first have to worry about what will happen with the DMV, then you can worry about court.

You'll be charged with both VC 23152(a) and VC 23152(b). The (a) count is "driving under the influence" of an alcoholic beverage, drug, or both. The (b) count is driving with a BAC of .08 or above.

The consequences will depend on if this a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd DUI for you and if there was any injury to anyone else involved.

Make sure to speak to counsel to see if any defenses can/may apply to your case. Don't delay!

The information above is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information.

Ventura is one of the toughest counties to deal with DUI 's. You will be charged- perhaps enhanced sentence because of accident. This might be avoided with the help of an attorney. You also have the DMV to deal with. Get an attorney !

Andrew Roberts
(805) 496-7777

Contact a local attorney to make sure you set up the DMV hearing within the 10 day period to avoid your DL being suspended.