Got 221(g) while applying for F1 visa for a US summer school as had a DUI when last in US on dependent visa.

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

VO asked me to submit few documents related to Medical checks which were mentioned on 221(g) and kept my passport & other docs. I did that & than sent a query to ustraveldocs.com related to my application. When I got their reply it stated under the heading case reason: hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B. I am shocked to see 214 B as VO did not mention anything remotely towards it during the course of interview. Does this mean even if I clear 221 g , I might not get visa under 214 b ? Also I-20 submitted to VO has expired as it was for a summer term and those dates have passed, I have received new I-20 from a University offering same course at Master's level. Should I submit my new I-20 as an additional document to the consulate or apply for fresh F1 while previous 221g is processed?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

7

Answered . Drinking while driving is becoming quite a serious think in the US now days. Not quite as serious as it is in Canada, but serious none-the-less.

You should:

1. Talk to an attorney ... yes, we always say that ... for good reason
    2. Have the attorney send in updated paperwork.

2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

5

Answered . I agree. Not something to take lightly!

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

6

Answered . Administrative processing is not going to go away whether you submit a new I-20 or not. I would need to look at the record to try and come up with a clan of what, if anything, could or should be done.

4. Mary Kathleen Neal

Answered . This is a very specific question, an attorney would need to really look at your paperwork and arrest record to be able to advise you on the best course of action.