Got 221(g) while applying for F1 visa for a US summer school as had a DUI when last in US on dependent visa.

Chicago, IL |

VO asked me to submit few documents related to Medical checks which were mentioned on 221(g) and kept my passport & other docs. I did that & than sent a query to ustraveldocs.com related to my application. When I got their reply it stated under the heading case reason: hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B. I am shocked to see 214 B as VO did not mention anything remotely towards it during the course of interview. Does this mean even if I clear 221 g , I might not get visa under 214 b ? Also I-20 submitted to VO has expired as it was for a summer term and those dates have passed, I have received new I-20 from a University offering same course at Master's level. Should I submit my new I-20 as an additional document to the consulate or apply for fresh F1 while previous 221g is processed?

1. Drinking while driving is becoming quite a serious think in the US now days. Not quite as serious as it is in Canada, but serious none-the-less.

You should:

1. Talk to an attorney ... yes, we always say that ... for good reason
    2. Have the attorney send in updated paperwork.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. I agree. Not something to take lightly!

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

3. Administrative processing is not going to go away whether you submit a new I-20 or not. I would need to look at the record to try and come up with a clan of what, if anything, could or should be done.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. This is a very specific question, an attorney would need to really look at your paperwork and arrest record to be able to advise you on the best course of action.

Law Office of Mary K. Neal | www.immigratechicago.com | info@rogersparklaw.com| 773-681-1335 This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.