Google Corporation witholding funds from small businesses that use Google Checkout. Is there a class action pending?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I have an online business that uses Paypal as the Merchant Processor Checkout system. Last Month, we transitioned to Google Checkout, confirmed customers were charged for their and we sent the product. After a couple weeks of solid sales, we attempted to login Google Checkout to process the funds. I was surprised to be redirected to a page that said, "Unable to access a Google product. If you've been redirected to this page, it means that your access to this product has been suspended because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms of Service or product-specific Terms of Service." After 3 emails, 2 weeks past and overdue bills, all I get is a response saying, we are investigating. Other's are posting with the same issue and no action or help from Google. Suggestions? Class Act?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

Answered . You can use Google to determine whether there are any class actions or other litigation pending against this company.

2. Eric Lechtzin

2

Answered . Much more information is needed to determine if this is a widespread problem that is suitable for a class action or whether it is an individual issue.

3. Timothy John Broussard

1

Answered . Many times if your subject to the class action, you will be notified. Unfortunately, this may be after a settlement and the damage is done against your business. This could be years later. Further research is required. Since your in SF, it is best to meet with an attorney specializing in business litigation to address your issues and Unfair Business Practices by Google. As a reminder, a class action settlement is usally pennies on the dollar of your own damages. Rarely are there windfalls in Class Action Settlements. They are costly with administration and attorney's fees in facilitaing a Class Action lawsuit and settlement. But, it is important to rule it out as a Class Action because it may bar you from your own claims later if a settlment is achieved. Most confuse class action with complex litigation. For example, there may be 1000 plus businesses with same, or similiar complaints, but not be class certified by the court (for many other reasons). Joining forcces is a good idea. Your own independant research is important to find out if ongoing litigation is worth pursuing Google. Sorry, we don't have an answer and Class Actions are not located on an index for one to locate easily. But, with various searches (inlcuding Google), one can find possible cases available. Good luck

This email does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.