Goodwill manage called me a monkey in front of another manager spoke with district manager yesterday and he said he'll call

Garden Grove, CA |

yesterday while in goodwill one of their manager called me a MONKEY , in front of another manager , i did get a STATEMENT FROM the manager that over heard the MONKEY COMMENT

In order to recover under a slander claim, you need to have suffered some kind of damages (or, harm). And, as horrible as the manager's conduct towards you was, based on your limited post, it does not appear that you have, in fact, suffered any damages.

I agree with Ms. Berjis in that it doesn't appear the damages would support making a claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Unfortunately this likely does not warrant a claim for libel.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

If you work there, report this to HR department.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Recommended articles about Personal injury