Good time credit in Indiana....

South Bend, IN |

I was recently told that the credit time for those incarcerated in Indiana DOC is changing from 2 for 1 to 3 for this true? If so, is it true for all convicted felons? I was also told by someone who is not a lawyer or representative of the law that although those convicted of some types of murder or accessory to get the standard time credits, sex matter rather they are violent or not....or what their charges are based on...are denied the standard time credit...that sex offenders get one day credit for every seven days served. Is this accurate?

Normally, individuals incarcerated in the IDOC receive credit of two (2) days for every one (1) day spent in custody if the inmate does not lose good time credit for misconduct while incarcerated. The credit time that an individual convicted of a sex crime depends on the level of the offense and the age of the victim in the case.

Juan Garcia Jr.
Attorney At Law