Good Morning, I am one behind on my rent, and I want to know what my Landlord can do to me?

Asked about 2 years ago - Temecula, CA

I need to know what my landlord can do to me legally? What rights do I have. I have been on time for 14 months, and for December I'm late.

1. Richard C Koman

4

Answered . He could evict you obviously. So get it paid and assuming he accepts it, no problem ...

2. James Michael Slominski

4

Answered . While I cannot give you legal advice in this forum, he can file an "unlawful detainer" action and attempt to evict you. If he serves you a three day notice to pay or quit, if you pay within the 3 days you will most likely be able to stay.

3. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

1

Answered . Counsel are correct - he could file an unlawful detainer and attempt to evict you. That is the worst case scenario of course. Try and talk to him and buy yourself a little time and make the payment as soon as you can so that it does not come to that