Good day I have a immigration problem I am married for three years my husband and i went for my first interview and got through

Asked about 1 year ago - Queens Village, NY

Now it's almost time for renewal and he wants a divorce he didn't even file our taxes joint this year I had to do an amendment , plus he have a next young lady pregnant . What should I do?

1. Fadi N. Minawi

3

Answered . You need to speak to an attorney. You will need to apply to remove the conditions of your permanent resident status but will need a waiver for the joint filing requirement.

2. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . See an experienced immigration attorney. You will need to do a waiver based I-751 petition.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . You should speak with an experienced immigration lawyer immediately in order to discuss applying for a waiver.

4. Miroslava Orduno Rincon

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I would recommend that you also start gathering evidence regarding the good faith of your marriage going back to the date in which you received your green card until the time of the filing. This evidence can take many forms: joint financial documents, photographs, receipts for major purchases made together, etc. If you end up divorcing, an attorney can help you arrange this evidence and will assist you with preparing any affidavits, etc. to document that you married in good faith and the marriage simply did not work out. I wish you all the best.

5. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Get a divorce.
    Apply for a waiver of the Joint petition to remove the conditions on your card.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

One or more answers have been taken down.