Good Day, I have an accident case that was out of state and I need advise on finding an attorney in Georgia where i live.

Asked about 1 year ago - Decatur, GA

the accident happened on July 16, 2010. So i am very close to the end of my statute on limitations.

1. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

9

Answered . Unfortunately, If your dates are correct, I believe you are out of time to file. OCGA 9-3-33 gives the injured party 2 years to file a case in Georgia. That means your time lapsed on July 16, 2012. Let me know if I misunderstood something.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

8

Answered . It sounds like you may possibly have waited too long. The statute is two years in Georgia. Since you say it is another state, you need to call a lawyer in that state and see what the statute is (which may be different). Rush. Dont wait past today.

3. Tanya Marie Bachand

7

Answered . I think you may have missed the SOL already, unless I am reading your facts incorrectly, did the accident happen some place OTHER than Georgia?

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Ian Zimmerman

5

Answered . Wow. You need to call someone fast. Hopefully you have all the medicals organized. If not, contact an attorney soon so they can get everything organized. I would be glad to help if need be. Just take a look around on here or online to find someone in your local area. There are plenty of good attorneys in Decatur who can help.

5. Robert R. Pagniello

5

Answered . Where this accident happened is pivotal. If it were in South Carolina for example, you would have a three year statute of limitations which means you still have time to bring your claim. Where did the accident happen?

6. Jesse Cole Kent

Pro

4

Answered . I'm happy to answer any question you may have. My email is jkent@thekentlawgroup.com.

7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . There are a lot of personal injury attorneys from GA on this site or you can check with the local bar association.

Pro

4

Answered . Depends what state