Good Day, I have an accident case that was out of state and I need advise on finding an attorney in Georgia where i live.

Decatur, GA |

the accident happened on July 16, 2010. So i am very close to the end of my statute on limitations.

1. Wow. You need to call someone fast. Hopefully you have all the medicals organized. If not, contact an attorney soon so they can get everything organized. I would be glad to help if need be. Just take a look around on here or online to find someone in your local area. There are plenty of good attorneys in Decatur who can help.

2. Unfortunately, If your dates are correct, I believe you are out of time to file. OCGA 9-3-33 gives the injured party 2 years to file a case in Georgia. That means your time lapsed on July 16, 2012. Let me know if I misunderstood something.

For more information, contact us at Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com or (770) 984-5380. The initial consultation is always free. This post is intended to provide general guidance, and should not be construed as legal advice. While I am an attorney, unless we sign a retainer agreement, I am not your attorney, and any information shared on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it.

3. I think you may have missed the SOL already, unless I am reading your facts incorrectly, did the accident happen some place OTHER than Georgia?

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. It sounds like you may possibly have waited too long. The statute is two years in Georgia. Since you say it is another state, you need to call a lawyer in that state and see what the statute is (which may be different). Rush. Dont wait past today.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

5. I'm happy to answer any question you may have. My email is jkent@thekentlawgroup.com.

6. There are a lot of personal injury attorneys from GA on this site or you can check with the local bar association.

7. Where this accident happened is pivotal. If it were in South Carolina for example, you would have a three year statute of limitations which means you still have time to bring your claim. Where did the accident happen?

8. Depends what state