Going to court if insurance doesn't settle

Asked 9 months ago - Memphis, TN

I was rearended and the lady had liability insurance but they denied my claim.Because the lady that hit me claimed someone knocked her into me.but when she hit me and knocked me into traffic another vehicle dodged me and hit a block wall.His claim was denied too and he or me neither one saw another car.He and I both are going to retain an attorney.So how much time are we looking at if the insurance doesn't settle and we end up going to court.My granddaughter and I were injured and still going to Dr.We been going to Dr. for about 6 weeks.Also how much money will I get if the dr bill is about $3,000 and about $5,000 damage to my vehicle.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

7

Answered . It is virtually impossible for anyone on a message board to fully evaluate your case without the opportunity to sit down and review all of the pertinent facts. Medical records and medical bills help in that assessment. Take all of your records to a personal injury attorney, a copy of the police report, and anything else you have that helps to document your damages claims. Let that attorney fight on your behalf.

Good luck!!

2. Matthew William Hoffmann

7

Answered . Consult wit an attorney in your area to evaluate your claims and seek maximum compensation.

Pro

7

Answered . Don't play lawyer, retain one. You should retain a Memphis personal injury lawyer.

4. Michael David Myers

Pro

6

Answered . Good decision to hire an attorney. Any time following drivers in a multi-car collision have different stories I think you're going to have to sue both of them. Amount of time to resolve depends on a number of factors. Difficult to estimate.

5. Michael R Crosner

6

Answered . Best advice is to immediately seek the assistance of a local personal injury attorney. The type of problem you describe is a common and one that an experienced personal injury attorney will know how to handle. Many personal injury attorney offer free initial consultations - get help now before your claim becomes even more complicated. Good luck

6. Samuel Cohen

5

Answered . Tennessee has a short statute of limitations as I recall. Don't lose it all by missing the statte of limitations. Hire an attorney right away.

7. Philip Anthony Fabiano

5

Answered . Follow the advice you have already received. You need to retain a lawyer. Bottom line, you will receive more in the end if you are represented even with the attorney fee.
    If you have not given a statement to the insurance company yet, don't. Nothing good will come of that . Wait until you have the advice of your attorney.

8. Stephen Alan Sauer

2

Answered . You need to have your accident reviewed by a Memphis auto accident/personal injury attorney. If the claim is denied by the insurance company it means they are not going to settle with you and you need the assistance of an attorney. Tennessee has a one year statute of limitations. This means you must either settle your claim or file a lawsuit to stop the time limit within one year of the accident or your claim may be barred by law. There is no way an attorney can answer the questions about the value of your accident with just the information provided here on this website. There are so many factors that go into evaluating an accident claim that it takes much more information than could be provided here. Meet with an attorney to discuss your claim.

9. Yaniv Kenan

2

Answered . You should consult with a personal injury attorney in your area