Going thru a divorce, My X wife to be claimed bankruptcy...what happens with "our" assets now?

Asked about 4 years ago - Hackettstown, NJ

My wife and I are going thru a divorce, I filed for divorce and she hasn't. She is attempting to make my life hell since I was awarded "sole" residential custody of our three children since Jan,2010. She has no visitation whats so ever currently and there is a open dyfs case against her that she pleaded guilty to 13counts of child abuse n neglect. She had filed bankruptcy since last week. How and what doe's this do to "our" marital assets..like our home, motorcycle, cars, 401k, IRA's and seperate bank accounts?? We had no credit cards "together", but we did have a ton of medical bills as well. I'm trying my best to save our home since it was just recently awarded back to my children and I. It is currently in pre-forclosure and back taxes overdue. I'm trying to get a modification loan.

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

Answered . The bankruptcy trustee will become involved and seek to organize repayment for the creditors.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.