Given treatment plan by dental assistant not dentist, then refused all care after I wanted to verify with my insurance company.

Asked over 1 year ago - Petaluma, CA

Assistants were only concerned with getting me to agree to treatment plan that included $10,000 of procedures. Fiancee went to, was told she was going to get specific treatment for $580 by dental assistant, not dentist, and to come back in two hours. Went back and dental assistants said it cost more and did not perform agreed upon work, only did 3 fillings.
Can We both file torts?

1. Neil Pedersen

2

Answered . Sorry no. What you describe is not a tort. At best it could be a breach of contract, however it does not appear an agreement ever occurred. Thus, what you have is a bad experience with a dental office that you will likely never return to.

You have ways of expressing your disappointment without suing. For instance, you can rate the dentist in on-line places like this. You can rate the dentist on Yelp. You can report the dentist to the BBB. If your concern is keeping this dentist from engaging in such sharp practices on other, these are the ways to address it.

Good luck to you.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . Dentists and dental practices in California are licensed by the Dental Board of California. DBC is vigilant about investigating consumer complaints and will enforce any violations of professional conduct standards -- dental or business practices -- by revoking the license or imposing onerous conditions on the license.

Start here: http://www.dbc.ca.gov/consumers/complaint_info....

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . You have a lot of details not included, and it appears you did not enter into an agreement re the treatment plan and you lost nothing. It does not sound as though either of you has a claim. See an attorney if you have more details than you posted--that may change the equation, but I doubt it.