Given name misspelled in I-797 and I-129. Would going for H-1b Visa interview be an issue ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Nashua, NH

I have a spelling mistake in above mentioned documents. The lawyer added an extra letter (Kapril instead of Kapil in my first name). Would that be an issue ? Do I need to get my I-797 corrected?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I doubt it would but in case you are worried. You can always ask USCIS to correct it. Ask the attorney to do this.

    Shah Peerally, Attorney at Law Phone (510) 742 587 President of Shah Peerally Law Group... more
  2. Kristina A. Gasson

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Ask your attorney to send a letter to USCIS to correct the mistake before your case goes further. You don't want to get a visa with a misspelled name! - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,224 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,224 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering