Given name misspelled in I-797 and I-129. Would going for H-1b Visa interview be an issue ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Nashua, NH

I have a spelling mistake in above mentioned documents. The lawyer added an extra letter (Kapril instead of Kapil in my first name). Would that be an issue ? Do I need to get my I-797 corrected?

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

Answered . I doubt it would but in case you are worried. You can always ask USCIS to correct it. Ask the attorney to do this.

2. Kristina A. Gasson

Answered . Ask your attorney to send a letter to USCIS to correct the mistake before your case goes further. You don't want to get a visa with a misspelled name!