Given name misspelled in I-797 and I-129. Would going for H-1b Visa interview be an issue ?

Nashua, NH |

I have a spelling mistake in above mentioned documents. The lawyer added an extra letter (Kapril instead of Kapil in my first name). Would that be an issue ? Do I need to get my I-797 corrected?

I doubt it would but in case you are worried. You can always ask USCIS to correct it. Ask the attorney to do this.

Shah Peerally, Attorney at Law http://peerallylaw.com Phone (510) 742 587 President of Shah Peerally Law Group PC Newark CA Important: The above is provided for educational purposes only. You should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. Cases differ and success in one case might not constitute guaranty of success in your case. We recommed to talk to a licensed attorney before you proceed. For more information on call us on 510 742 5887

Ask your attorney to send a letter to USCIS to correct the mistake before your case goes further. You don't want to get a visa with a misspelled name!

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.