Getting ready to go to court for uncontested divorce, how do i know if paper work is correct

Asked about 2 years ago - Lawton, OK

I have filed an uncontested, and my husband is agreeing. We have no minor childre, no property, no bank account or debt together. I am not asking for anything, no spousal support, the only thing i am asking is to legally change my name back to my maiden name.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. William N. Chambers

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Two thing pop to mind.

    1) You could have a local family law attorney review the documents to make sure they are correct.
    2) If you are going in front of a judge, he or she should review the documents to make sure they are proper before signing off on the divorce. In my experience if there is an error the judge points it out and tells you what needs to be fixed to finalize the divorce.

    If you are in Massachusetts, my answering of your question does not constitute an attorney/client relationship and... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Uncontested Divorce

An uncontested divorce is one in which spouses agree on relevant issues such as division of property, child custody/support, and alimony.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,363 answers this week

3,348 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,363 answers this week

3,348 attorneys answering