Getting ready to go to court for uncontested divorce, how do i know if paper work is correct

Lawton, OK |

I have filed an uncontested, and my husband is agreeing. We have no minor childre, no property, no bank account or debt together. I am not asking for anything, no spousal support, the only thing i am asking is to legally change my name back to my maiden name.

Two thing pop to mind.

1) You could have a local family law attorney review the documents to make sure they are correct.
2) If you are going in front of a judge, he or she should review the documents to make sure they are proper before signing off on the divorce. In my experience if there is an error the judge points it out and tells you what needs to be fixed to finalize the divorce.

If you are in Massachusetts, my answering of your question does not constitute an attorney/client relationship and are for informational purposes only. If you wish to contact me to discuss your question further I offer a 30 minute free consultation and can be reached at 413-522-6263. If you are not in Massachusetts I am not giving you legal advice as I am not licensed in your state and my comments should be viewed as for informational purposes only.

Recommended articles about Divorce