Getting ready to go to court for uncontested divorce, how do i know if paper work is correct

Asked about 2 years ago - Lawton, OK

I have filed an uncontested, and my husband is agreeing. We have no minor childre, no property, no bank account or debt together. I am not asking for anything, no spousal support, the only thing i am asking is to legally change my name back to my maiden name.

1. William N. Chambers

1

Answered . Two thing pop to mind.

1) You could have a local family law attorney review the documents to make sure they are correct.
    2) If you are going in front of a judge, he or she should review the documents to make sure they are proper before signing off on the divorce. In my experience if there is an error the judge points it out and tells you what needs to be fixed to finalize the divorce.