Getting out of car loan and purchase and sale agreement, can't afford car payment, getting out of the deal under WA contract law

Asked over 6 years ago - Bellevue, WA

My 24 yr old commited to buy an expensive car he can not afford, the dealership said he can't get out of it, He does not have the car yet signed pprwk, can he get out of this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Patricia Paul

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . The Washington State Attorney General's office has a website on consumer safeguards and additional info specific to cars. I am including links for reference. The second link is about cancellation rights.

Related Topics


There are different types of debt, but all involve one person (the debtor) owing money to another (the creditor). Terms of repayment are governed by a contract.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,739 answers this week

3,369 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,739 answers this week

3,369 attorneys answering