Getting married when in the US on a student Visa

Asked about 4 years ago - Burkburnett, TX

My boyfriend is here on a student visa for a year. He is from Bahrain. Can we get married and what is the process for that! Also he is in school in Kansas and I live in Texas. He will be finished with flight school before his visa is up so can he come to Texas or will there be a problem with it? We met when he was here for a year in 2008 - 2009 attending school.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes and congratulations. You will definitely need an attorney to handle the paperwork for you. Give me a call for a free case evaluation and affordable estimate of the price.
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global, PLLC.
    716 830 7960

  2. Isaul Verdin

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . He will be eligible to obtain his green card. You can go ahead and get married. I would also concur that you should retain an immigration lawyer to assist with the process, since USCIS might scrutinize his application a bit more given his place of origin.

    Best of luck,

    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

  3. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Yes you can get married and file for adjustment of status. I will recommend hiring a lawyer on your case especially because he is from Hahrain and is in flight school.

    Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

    Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

  4. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I mean Bahrain not Hahrain...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,023 answers this week

3,108 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,023 answers this week

3,108 attorneys answering