GETTING GREEN CARD THROUGH ADOPTION

Asked 9 months ago - Tacoma, WA

My friend got green card through adoption when she turns 30, single.
An American lady who is sick and adopt my friend to take care of her.
I did some research but not much talking about this topic.
What type of adoption is that? And How does it work?
Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

Answered . In order to immigrate an adopted child, the adoption must take place before the child's 16th birthday.

2. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

1

1

Answered . In order to obtain a green card based on adoption, the adoption must be final before the child turns 16 years old. Perhaps she got it based on employment as the caregiver. You can never know someone else's case the people often think they do.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Why don't you question your "friend" a little bit more closely and ask to see a copy of her adoption and immigrant petition and visa application?