Getting a third citizenship, while having a green card?

Asked over 1 year ago - Winona, MN

I am from country A and have been living in country B for many years. I just got my green card though the lottery. In a few months can apply for citizenship in country B. If I do that, how does that affect my green card status in the US?

1. Gintare Grigaite

5

Answered . Quite impossible answering your question without knowing what countries A and B are. You will better be served by arranging a formal consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer. Generally speaking, if you do not intend to make US your permanent home, and live here, then you will not be able to maintain your green card status.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Get all 65 of them. Start a collection if you want. From US standpoint it has no affect on your GC unless you got it through asylum.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . If you are an LPR in the U.S., you cannot have that stripped from you unless an immigration judge orders you removed from the U.S. Having additional countries of citizenship does not usually impact your U.S. LPR status unless you are traveling abroad alot and causing the CBP to reason you've abandoned your LPR status here.