Skip to main content

Geting ex wife imputed for voluntarily not working. what can i do to get support lowered?

Ann Arbor, MI |

washtenaw county MI - (father is plaintiff) divorced took kids of out FOC to avoid either paying support. 50/50 joint shared custody - father has them more often than her. she files for state assistance then FOC comes after him with recommendation to pay they want him to pay $372/mo for 2 kids. he objects and judge says cant impute someone who is looking for work - so she is being lazy not working while i take care of my kids while in my care and she gets to enjoy her summer and spend time with them while i am at work all day. a father who has 50/50 joint physical shared custody should not have to pay for ex wife to survive. do i have any steps to do next...i am going to lose my house if i do this - i only make $13 an hour

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If she isn't working, then you could request that income be imputed to her as well.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics