Get rid of a domestic violence

Asked about 1 year ago - Albuquerque, NM

In 2006 I was convicted of a domestic violence in New Mexico after kicking a door in an argument with my soon to be ex-wife at the time (now ex) I am now looking to hopefully clear my name as I have made a number of changes in my life and would like to become a more productive citizen but keep getting held back due to my conviction. Is there anything I can do.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen D Aarons

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Not really. The New Mexico legislature has never passed an expungement law and the courts limit themselves to cases involving actual innocence like the arrested the wrong guy. Sorry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,996 answers this week

2,711 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,996 answers this week

2,711 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary