Get hired by a friend/investor?

Filed under: Immigration

I live currently in Greece. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and 5 years experience in Public Relations. My question is that a friend I met while I was traveling in CA, wants to invest in a business idea I had (probably will need a patent for the core of it too). What are the requirements for him to start a business and hire me?

I know for sure that if he had to search for a US citizen he wouldn't find one with the same idea for example. I want to be legal and I don't want to go around the system so that's why I ask.

Thanks in advance.

Your question is way too complicated for a meaningful response on a forum.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

This is quite complicated.

Have that friend talk to an attorney.

Or, better yet, have a 3-way Skype consultation ... many of us use Skype.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleagues, your friend must have a consultation with an experienced attorney.

These types of cases are complicated, so you want an attorney with a lot of experience in this.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC,, 888-645-6272, , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

This question depends on a number of factors. For example, I would be interested to know what country you are a citizen of, what country your friend is a citizen of, and what type of job you want to perform in the U.S., among other things. For that reason, it is wise to meet with an attorney and discuss these type of questions to figure out the best route for your case.

This message is intended as general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested to speak with me directly, please contact me at 604-671-7600.

I am Greek, he is American, and the job is PR/social and business networking... with a twist...

Recommended articles about Immigration