Skip to main content

Get FL Driver License with I-130

West Palm Beach, FL |

If you have an I-130 that is approved can you get a FL Driver License or even just a FL ID?

I have a SSN

Attorney Answers 5

  1. No. Not unless you have an I-485 pending and get your EAD card which you can then use as the photo ID for the DL.

    FREE CONSULTATION ON IMMIGRATION AND DEPORTATION MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of KiKi M. Mosley 208 S. LaSalle St. Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois 60604 773-501-2039 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. This is not an immigration question.

    Go here for more info:

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Don't know. In California, they want employment authorization. I would be surprised in an approved I-130 alone allowed one to get a Fl Driver's license.

  4. My understanding is that the I-130 approval is not enough, but that you need also to have your employment authorization card. To get your employment authorization you must file for "adjustment". Once you get the employment authorization card you can apply for a social security number and go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to obtain your driver's license.

    Alejandro R. Lopez, Esq.
    Law Office of Alejandro R. Lopez, P.A.
    4465 Edgewater Dr.,
    Suite A
    Orlando, Fla. 32804
    (407) 649-1404

  5. I agree with Mr Lopez. Also, I'm concerned because you seem a bit confused. The i130 is really an application for permission to apply for adjustment. Once aporoved, you have permission to apply for adjustment by filing the i485. Once you do that, you can apply for the work per,it and then get the drivers license. You will really make things a lot easier by hiring an attorney. The attorney will go over your case, explain everything to you and accompany you and your spouse to the interviews with immigration.

    The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice. The information is based on the facts given and should not be relied upon by the reader. An attorney-client relationship is not established by this transmitting this information. The best way to receive accurate advice and establish an attorney-client relationship is by retaining a licensed attorney.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics