German Citizen on B1 visa would like to work in the USA can a B1 be changed into another visa to work in USA ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Theoretically yes. Practically, not on the grounds that you are a German citizen. I am sure German citizenship is a matter of pride for you, but it is of no help in terms of immigrating to the USA with the exception of the treaty visas E1 and 2, which are, again, nonimmigrant visas.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Yes, you can file a change application before your I-94 expires.

BUT, do you qualify for a different visa? Talk to a lawyer about this.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Very difficult under what you described.