General release of escrow funds if there was fraud among the other seller as well as the attorney. With the holding and claims

New York, NY |

My siblings attorney committed some fraud regarding the holding and disbursement of the funds as well as my sibling. The attorney will release the funds if I release my sibling from any and all claims and rights which I may have regarding the sale of the property. His attorney is also asking to be released from any and all claims solely out of the holding and disbursement of the escrow funds. I have facts there was a fraudulent real estate transaction. From start to finish. Should I change the language in the release.

I would sign no release. If the transaction upon which the escrow funds are predicated is terminated, you are entitled to return. You do not have to concede future claims in return for your own money.

If you believe you have a fraud claim, before you sign anything see a local attorney and bring your proof to discuss the options going forward.

The author of this posting is a lawyer licensed to practice law in the State of New York. He specializes in litigation matters relating to personal injury, construction accidents, auto accidents, slip and fall, dog bite, contract litigation, property litigation, civil rights, ERISA, and Social Security matters in federal, state and local courts, with a focus on courts in Staten Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. This posting is intended as general information only, is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. For more information about me, see http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/10314-ny-gaetano-parrinello-1897122.html?ref=header

If you have evidence of fraud do not sign anything before consulting with an attorney.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.