General release of escrow funds if there was fraud among the other seller as well as the attorney. With the holding and claims

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My siblings attorney committed some fraud regarding the holding and disbursement of the funds as well as my sibling. The attorney will release the funds if I release my sibling from any and all claims and rights which I may have regarding the sale of the property. His attorney is also asking to be released from any and all claims solely out of the holding and disbursement of the escrow funds. I have facts there was a fraudulent real estate transaction. From start to finish. Should I change the language in the release.

1. Yan Margolin

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . I would sign no release. If the transaction upon which the escrow funds are predicated is terminated, you are entitled to return. You do not have to concede future claims in return for your own money.

2. Gaetano Parrinello

2

1

Answered . If you believe you have a fraud claim, before you sign anything see a local attorney and bring your proof to discuss the options going forward.

3. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

1

1

Answered . If you have evidence of fraud do not sign anything before consulting with an attorney.