General question to all the great Lawyers that dedicate there spare time to help us? Hit and run.

Dallas, TX |

All Lawyers tell the majority of us that are facing penalties to "not admit quilt" or "don't put in to much detail"

It is hard to express the exact nature of all the circumstances that pertain to our situation to get the best advice. Some even say that you did not even ask a question or your question is to vague.

Please help us with a little advice on how we go about posting a question, looking for advice, to get the best results without incriminating ourselves.

If the site or "us" posters are anonymous, is it the fact that big brother is out there taking the details we explain and matching that to the reports they have in place?

Thank y'all for all you do.

I really do not think you have much to worry about. Just give us a general idea of the situation and relevant facts. You do not have to put in so much detail that you can be identified.

Thank you for the sincere complement. General questions = Avvo = our role.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

Simple answer-find a lawyer to help you-be willing to pay a reasonable fee and quit asking questions that the whole world can see. The best advice will come from the best lawyer you can afford after you have a full and honest discussion with him. There is no way this forum can match the quality of such a plan of action

Even without too much detail, we still need to know generally what happened (without names or location). So far, it has been unclear whether you think you hit-and-ran, or if you think you were the victim of a hit-and-run. If your question is whether the police have all of your information and may give you a ticket or worse, there is no way for me to know the answer to that question.

Jonathan Peirce is licensed to practice law in Texas and Washington State. DISCLAIMER: This information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

You are welcome

There is a fine line between disclosing too much information and disclosing so little that Avvo responding lawyers cannot offer useful advice. You may or may not have noticed that some posts are, in fact, vague ramblings that some times do not ask a question. It's hard to respond to those. I think Avvo lawyers try to respond as best they can given the limited amount of information available which is why there are so many recommendations that a lawyer be retained to get all the facts and then give advice. Big brother is out there which is why there are admonitions not to disclose too much. Thank you for your compliments.

Some posters email us or call us to follow up on specific issues. That is a way for you to get the facts out, with compromising your position.