General partnership search question

Is there someplace on the Sacramento Secretary of State website to check for general partnerships? So far I can only find a place to search for corporations.

San Luis Obispo, CA -

Bryant Keith Martin

Bryant Keith Martin

Business Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

Part of the problem is that ptsh’s don’t need to file anything to become a ptsh. Filing of a Statement of Partnership Authority (GP-1) is optional; it can be filed with the SoS or the county clerk. Corp Code 16303. It need not be filed to have a valid ptsh, unlike a corp or LLC. I wasn’t able to find any way to search for them in SoS’s office, but I found a possibility: Go to:
http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/information-r...
If you have the name of a partnership entity, you could try entering it on this page.

Andrew Kevin Jacobson

Andrew Kevin Jacobson

Business Attorney - Oakland, CA

General partnerships do not have limited liability for the partners, so they do not need to be registered with the State to exist.

Anthony Elias Kalikas

Anthony Elias Kalikas

Business Attorney - San Diego, CA

I agree with my colleagues. The secretary of state does nt maintain records regarding general partnerships.