General partnership search question

Asked over 2 years ago - San Luis Obispo, CA

Is there someplace on the Sacramento Secretary of State website to check for general partnerships?
So far I can only find a place to search for corporations.

1. Bryant Keith Martin

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Part of the problem is that ptsh’s don’t need to file anything to become a ptsh. Filing of a Statement of Partnership Authority (GP-1) is optional; it can be filed with the SoS or the county clerk. Corp Code 16303. It need not be filed to have a valid ptsh, unlike a corp or LLC. I wasn’t able to find any way to search for them in SoS’s office, but I found a possibility: Go to:
    http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/information-r...
    If you have the name of a partnership entity, you could try entering it on this page.

2. Andrew Kevin Jacobson

Pro

6

1

Answered . General partnerships do not have limited liability for the partners, so they do not need to be registered with the State to exist.

3. Anthony Elias Kalikas

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The secretary of state does nt maintain records regarding general partnerships.