GC PERM filed in 6th year of H1, if PERM goes audit / pending, what are best possibities to get 7th year extention

Asked over 1 year ago - Farmington, MI

H1 5 yrs comleted on 2nd Jan 2013, incl. re-cap period (time spent outside US).

Employer filed PERM on 12th Jan'2013, This is 10 days short to 'PERM filing prior to 365 days' rule, to get 7th year H1 extension incase of pending PERM.

I am thinking there will be two options in the case of pending PERM. Pls suggest if any other option available in case of pending PERM.

Option 1. Going out of US (between PERM filing date and end of 6 yrs) and can coming back after 1-2 weeks, so that I can get 7th year while i am in US...I prefer this, if this is correct / possible option.

Option 2. Going out of US at end of 6th year and spending lag time (1-2 weeks) and applying H1 extn while I am out side of US based on pending PERM?

1. Justin G. Randolph

Answered . You should talk to your employer's attorney. They have to be on board with the plan as well. I would go with option 1 if possible, in my opinion.

2. Justin G. Randolph

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . Option 2 is not feasible. You cannot seek extension of status if you are outside U.S. You can only extend your stay while maintaining status in U.S.