GC approved but issues with spouse

Irving, TX |

My GC got approved 3 days back and the card is in production but a week before my wife and i had a fight and she left, she is threatening to report me to the USCIS, she tried to get things from me ever since i filed my I-751. So,are her threats going to do anything to me whatsoever?

1. If your green card approval was based on marriage fraud/sham, then yes it will revoke your green card status.

2. As long as your marriage was for love, not just to get a green card, you are fine. Please see

Mr. Shusterman's response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Report what? Did you defraud her?

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Marriage and prenups topics