Gay harassment, discrimination, and threats

North Palm Beach, FL |

Me and my partner worked at the same place,we were both threatened,discriminated and, harassed based on being gay males called bad gay terms daily after this was reported to management,owners, and HR as soon as this happened,we remained on the job for 3 weeks and nothing was done to resolve these issues so we both left based on constructive discharge cause we were in fear of bodily harm by this coworker who has a long criminal history of domestic violence and A/B and is a steroid user who is twice me and my partners size do we have a case against our ex employee for this case as the was no solution to the issues we had to face on a daily basis? We were told by this employee that,he should grab us by the necks and smash us in the face, do you realize i could kill you guys in the heart beat!

You need to consult with a local employment lawyer. Sexual orientation is not a protected class under federal law, but there may be some protections for you based on other facts.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at www.stagelaw.com.

As my colleague suggested, consult with a qualified employment lawyer. There are federal hate crime statutes, and may be state statutes that are protective of sexual harassment based upon sexual orientation. Good luck

If your employer is a federal agency sexual orientation discrimination is prohibited. Please refer to the United States Equal Opportunity Commissions web site. EEOC.gov for more information about sexual orientation discrimination .Consult with a Florida employment lawyer to determine if your state prohibits sexual orientation discrimination.You may have a assault case and hate crime case. against your coworker.