Gave birth 3 days ago. Despite negative urinalysis for both myself and child cps attempting dependency case.

Puyallup, WA |

Child was discharged medically to me but cps placed hold and is placing her in picc unit for opiate withdrawal and they are stating she needs further medical attention and trying to administer morphine despite no opiates in either of our tox screens. Dependency hearing monday. Need representation and any information.

Please get ahold of Department of Assigned Counsel in the morning. Anytime the State is trying to take away your child you have a right to counsel at the State's expense if you cannot afford it, or your own expense if you can. If you can afford it, consider an attorney who has done this before. In Puyallup, try Adam Birnbaum. If he doesn't do dependencies, he will know who does. I'm going to change your practice areas so maybe you'll get more responses.
Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Elizabeth Rankin Powell

Elizabeth Rankin Powell

This is a dependency issue. It is not medical malpractice, but Avvo doesn't recognize the word 'dependency', unfortunately.

Agree with Elizabeth. If you can;t afford an attorney, you'll need t take action quickly.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements

I agree with the others - you need to get an attorney as soon as possible.