Gave birth 3 days ago. Despite negative urinalysis for both myself and child cps attempting dependency case.

Child was discharged medically to me but cps placed hold and is placing her in picc unit for opiate withdrawal and they are stating she needs further medical attention and trying to administer morphine despite no opiates in either of our tox screens. Dependency hearing monday. Need representation and any information.

Puyallup, WA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Elizabeth Rankin Powell

Elizabeth Rankin Powell

Family Law Attorney - Tacoma, WA

Please get ahold of Department of Assigned Counsel in the morning. Anytime the State is trying to take away your child you have a right to counsel at the State's expense if you cannot afford it, or your own expense if you can. If you can afford it, consider an attorney who has done this before. In Puyallup, try Adam Birnbaum. If he doesn't do dependencies, he will know who does. I'm going to change your practice areas so maybe you'll get more responses.
Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.
Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Family Law Attorney - Seattle, WA

Agree with Elizabeth. If you can;t afford an attorney, you'll need t take action quickly.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This... more
Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Seattle, WA

I agree with the others - you need to get an attorney as soon as possible.

Related Topics

Parental rights in child custody

Parental rights includes the rights a parent has in regards to his or her children. Mothers, fathers, and unmarried parents are sometimes treated differently.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.