Garden Grove CA (orange county) - photo/video ticket for RIGHT TURN at RED light

Garden Grove, CA |

I received the notice in the mail, with no amount which is frustrating. I went to the website and see the video of me at 15mph in a vacant intersection (at the time. It is typically a very busy intersection but when I was there for those few seconds, not much traffic at all) making the right hand turn without stopping. I'm a great driver, not a single citation since I was 18 years old. I'm shocked I didn't stop at the red so I'm thinking I had a green turn arrow but I can't see one in the pictures.

How can I fight this? What are my chances of getting it dismissed or reduced? I hear the fine is close to $500 which is ridiculous. Thank you.

You can set it for a court hearing but based on the evidence as you present it via the video it is my guess that the judge will find you guilty. You have no defenses but it may be possible that the judge will reduce the fine and allow traffic school. Good Luck . I hope this helps.

Thank you - this does help! I needed an honest answer about the realistic outcome. I don't want to sink time and $$ into fighting it if the odds are not in my favor. I did read somewhere that I should bring a copy of my super-clean driving record to court - so I will in hopes that it will sway the judge to reduce the fine.

Peter John Marek

Peter John Marek

Smart move and good planning.

Peter John Marek

Peter John Marek

Consider the answers of my colleagues regarding the ID of you as the driver? I would never lie on behalf of a client if I knew that they were the driver but I have seen defendants do it.

It is definitely me in the close up photo of the driver.

Peter John Marek

Peter John Marek

O.K. Than you can proceed as discussed or hire an attorney!

Thank you!

Peter John Marek

Peter John Marek

Your very welcome. It's a joy to be able to give back to those in need. God bless and good luck.

Can you be identified as the driver? Red light ticket cases are often won by attorneys in and around the Orange County area. You should talk to some traffic ticket attorneys.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

Yes - I am clearly the driver.

Find a competent California traffic ticket attorney who can fight your red light camera ticket and reduce or dismiss the charges. This can be a complex and tedious process, requiring time and effort to build the case, present the case in traffic court and beat a red light camera ticket charge. At the very least, a reduction in the fines and fees is not an unreasonable expectation. The ideal outcome is to dismiss red light camera ticket. Best of luck!

There are a couple of great attorneys in OC who fight these tickets. Despite what you have heard , they are sometimes winnable .

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets