Garden Grove CA (orange county) - photo/video ticket for RIGHT TURN at RED light

Asked 11 months ago - Garden Grove, CA

I received the notice in the mail, with no amount which is frustrating. I went to the website and see the video of me at 15mph in a vacant intersection (at the time. It is typically a very busy intersection but when I was there for those few seconds, not much traffic at all) making the right hand turn without stopping. I'm a great driver, not a single citation since I was 18 years old. I'm shocked I didn't stop at the red so I'm thinking I had a green turn arrow but I can't see one in the pictures.

How can I fight this? What are my chances of getting it dismissed or reduced? I hear the fine is close to $500 which is ridiculous. Thank you.

1. Peter John Marek

1

1

Answered . You can set it for a court hearing but based on the evidence as you present it via the video it is my guess that the judge will find you guilty. You have no defenses but it may be possible that the judge will reduce the fine and allow traffic school. Good Luck . I hope this helps.

2. Anthony Janji

1

Answered . Find a competent California traffic ticket attorney who can fight your red light camera ticket and reduce or dismiss the charges. This can be a complex and tedious process, requiring time and effort to build the case, present the case in traffic court and beat a red light camera ticket charge. At the very least, a reduction in the fines and fees is not an unreasonable expectation. The ideal outcome is to dismiss red light camera ticket. Best of luck!

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . There are a couple of great attorneys in OC who fight these tickets. Despite what you have heard , they are sometimes winnable .

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  4. Robert Laurens Driessen

Answered . Can you be identified as the driver? Red light ticket cases are often won by attorneys in and around the Orange County area. You should talk to some traffic ticket attorneys.
    Robert Driessen