Gap between L2 and I-94 expiry date and L2 extension approval.

Cincinnati, OH |

I had a L1B visa and I-94 which expired on 9/21/2013. My wife had L2 visa and I-94 till 9/13/2013. So there was a 7 day gap in the expiry of our I-94. She had her EAD with expiry on 9/21/2013.
My company filed for L1 extension and I've received the approval. All of the above details were clearly mentioned in the extension petition. In the approval notice it is mentioned that the extension was granted from 9/21/2013 to 9/20/2015 for both my status and my wife's status.
So now she has a gap of 7 days in her legal status and we are concerned she was out of status from 9/14/2013 to 9/20/2013 and this will affect chances of her EAD renewal and future visa applications. There was no mistake in petition filing. Should we be concerned with this gap? How do we get this resolved with USCIS.

1. What did the lawyer who did the two L extensions say?

Talk to him/her about you wife leaving the US, getting a visa stamp, and returning as one option for clearing things up.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.