Gap between L-2 to H-4 COS .

Newark, DE |

I was earlier on L-2 Visa with I-94 till Sept 2014. My husband change from L-1 to h-1 on 18th Oct 2012 and hence my L-2 expired.
At same time , I had applied for my COS from L-2 to H-1 in May 2012 when my L-2 status was valid.
Also I had applied for my H-4 in Dec 2012 after my l-2 status expired but I was awaiting for H-1 decision.

My H-1 got denied on Jan 20 2013.
But I received a approved H-4 whose validity is from Feb 2013 till Sept 2015.
As my L-2 had already expired in Oct 2012, will I be considered out of status from Oct 2012 - Feb 2013 ?

Can that create a problem in my G.C processing ? Please advise.

Yes, it could be a problem.

You should:

1. Meet with an immigration lawyer
2. Discuss going home for an H-4 visa stamp.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.