G-639 Freedom of Information Act form help. Subject of Record - meaning

San Jose, CA |

Hi , I am filling out the G-639 form for getting some information about my I-140 approval notice and the priority date. Can some one help me with understanding what is it that is meant by "Subject of record consent to release information" in section 3 of the form. What does subject of record mean ?
There are two test boxes in there
1. Name of Subject of Record
2. signature of Subject of record.

Does it mean i need to put in my Name and signature here ?

Yes, and yes again.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, you are the subject of record.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Recommended articles about Immigration