From Spain I overstayed o a visa B1-B2 for less than a year (9-10 months) how long do I have of of barred from re-entering USA?

Asked over 1 year ago - 78061

how long of a bar after one year overstay on a B1-B2? how can I find out the exact overstayed?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . three years plus as long as the US consulate officials will then find in themselves to issue you a nonimmigrant visa. From now on, you will need a visa. You have just voted yourself out of the VWP.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . Amigo, if you overstayed more than 6 months, but less than 1 year as you have reported here, you will then be barred from returning for 3 years (from the date you left. If your overstay would have been for one year or more, you would then be barred from readmission to the US for 10 years.

Look at the US entry stamp date on your passport for the date you last entered the US. Even though the US does not stamp your passport with a departure stamp, you might easily find out when you left the US if you look at your airplane ticket (either on your email or from a travel agency's records.)

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . An overstay of at least 180 days results in a bar of three years. An overstay of one year or more result in a 10 year bar.

4. Sunita Kapoor

3

Answered . Please check your passport, the date you entered and the date you left.. if you left US already. If you overstayed over a year you are barred for 10 years.