Friend ran into pole, will he get his license taken away?

Mason City, IA |

He has an intermediate license, got a restriction for running a red light 2 months ago and now he ran into a pole. What is likely to happen to his license and is there anyway he can work out a deal? Having a car is needed for his job.

He wasn't under the influence of anything, the restriction on his license was taken off after a month.

If he was cited for the moving violation, then he is subject to having the intermediate license suspended or withdrawn if he pleads guilty or is convicted of a moving violation. I believe your friend must be free from any moving violations for 12 months before he can apply for a full licence at age 18. I suggest that he consult with an attorney who specializes in traffic offenses for a consultation.

He could. Did he receive a traffic citation for anything. If no citation was received then unlikely.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

He got a ticket for "driving off the road for no purpose"

Bennett James Wills

Bennett James Wills

Tough to say, but that would increases his chances of losing it. If he's worried I suggest hiring an attorney.

What was he charged with? If he wasn't cited for anything, then there's nothing upon which the court may act. If he received a ticket, have him consult with a traffic lawyer. Most of them offer free consultations.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Consult a local traffic ticket attorney - usually inexpensive & well worth it in the long run. Can locat a traffic ticket lawyer in your area right here on AVVO under the heading "Find a Lawyer"

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Traffic tickets topics