Friend of mine fell down my front steps she hurt back but it was wet and she had flip flops on now trying to make landlord pay

Murfreesboro, TN |

Her boyfriend even told me she is fine but she is trying to get temporary disability

1. Your landlord would be responsible for your friend's injury only if the property was in an unreasonably dangerous condition, the landlord had notice of the dangerous condition, and the landlord failed to act reasonably to fix the problem. The person who fell would also have to prove that her injuries were caused by the fall. Based on your submission, it is not clear whether the steps were defective or dangerous, or whether your friend simply slipped due to her own carelessness.

For a more detailed explanation of Tennessee premises liability law follow the link below.

2. I think with that fact pattern, it would be pretty tough for her to win.

Please note that my answering this question, does not in any way mean I represent you for this, or any other case. You need to seek that actual face-to-face advise of any attorney in your area who can advise you further as to your rights.