Skip to main content

Friend married a women with an expired visa on nov.26,2011 he has felony charge spent a day in jail had to pay court fees

El Paso, TX |

He also had to pay damages and had to do community service and attend anger management classes.His divorce put its kind of iffy and if he didn't mention it on the application could he go to jail for lying its bad enough that he's just marred her to fix her papers. His mom or two girls did not attend the wedding.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I agree with Attorney Pineda.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ashkan Emami

Ashkan Emami


Good answer


You should have your friend consult with an experienced immigration attorney. If what you posted is correct, then he is not only violating the immigration laws but he can face criminal charges as well.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer