Friend drove my car and got red light camera ticket and he is not in this country anymore state : california

San Jose, CA |

My friend drove my car and received red light camera ticket and photos shows his picture. And the person who drove the car and got the ticket moved out of the country. so will owner of the car get the ticket ? ready to pay penalty/fine but not sure points will be added to license state : california

1. No; the owner of the ticket is not responsible for the infraction. Ony the driver who committed the infraction is responsible. If the photograp clearly shows you are not the person who drove through the red light, you will not be charged for the violation. Best of luck!

Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.

2. See ww.highwayrobbbery.net

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

3. I agree with the responding attorneys. You may want to consult with a local traffic law attorney to represent you and help you absolve yourself of this issue. Best of luck.

4. they may issue you a ticket but sounds like they will not be able to prove you were driving the car. the ticket goes to the vehicle operator.