Friend drove my car and got red light camera ticket and he is not in this country anymore state : california

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

My friend drove my car and received red light camera ticket and photos shows his picture. And the person who drove the car and got the ticket moved out of the country. so will owner of the car get the ticket ? ready to pay penalty/fine but not sure points will be added to license state : california

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 11

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No; the owner of the ticket is not responsible for the infraction. Ony the driver who committed the infraction is responsible. If the photograp clearly shows you are not the person who drove through the red light, you will not be charged for the violation. Best of luck!

    Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal... more
  2. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You may want to consult with a local traffic law attorney to represent you and help you absolve yourself of this issue. Best of luck.

  3. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . See

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended... more
  4. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . they may issue you a ticket but sounds like they will not be able to prove you were driving the car. the ticket goes to the vehicle operator.

Related Topics

Fault laws and personal injury cases

Fault, in personal injury cases, determines liability for an accident. Someone who is found at fault may be required to compensate the victim through damages.

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,824 answers this week

3,827 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,824 answers this week

3,827 attorneys answering