Friend drove my car and got red light camera ticket and he is not in this country anymore state : california

Asked 11 months ago - San Jose, CA

My friend drove my car and received red light camera ticket and photos shows his picture. And the person who drove the car and got the ticket moved out of the country. so will owner of the car get the ticket ? ready to pay penalty/fine but not sure points will be added to license state : california

1. Fernando Davin Vargas

Pro

11

Answered . No; the owner of the ticket is not responsible for the infraction. Ony the driver who committed the infraction is responsible. If the photograp clearly shows you are not the person who drove through the red light, you will not be charged for the violation. Best of luck!

2. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

10

Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You may want to consult with a local traffic law attorney to represent you and help you absolve yourself of this issue. Best of luck.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

6

Answered . See ww.highwayrobbbery.net

4. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

5

Answered . they may issue you a ticket but sounds like they will not be able to prove you were driving the car. the ticket goes to the vehicle operator.