Freest DUI offense and only thing on my record since 08 can I seal it ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lake Worth, FL

On this date 08/09/08 I had my first run in with the law at the time I was 21 years of age. I pledge no content did everything I had to do and this is the only thing on my record since then. It is now 03/04/13 I was wondering if there is anyway I can seal or expunge this childish mistake from my recored?. It's holding me back from going to college and it kills me because I could of prevented it, I am a wife soon to be homeowner and full time worker.

** First DUI Offense state of Florida

1. William Alexander Corzo

14

Answered . If you are referring to a first and only DUI charge, unfortunately no, Florida law does not allow for sealing or expungement of this charge.

2. William David Umansky

Pro

14

Answered . If you pled to the Dui you can not seal or expunge it in the State of Florida. Sorry.

3. Amber Hill

Pro

12

Answered . Unfortunately, the other attorneys are correct. You will be unable to seal your record if you pled to a DUI.

4. Kevin Jeffrey Pitts

4

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. In Florida you must be adjudicated guilty by statute if you were convicted or entered a plea of no contest to DUI. Once adjudicated guilty you are no longer eligible to seal or expunge your record.

5. Grant Ian Schwarz

Pro

3

Answered . Florida does not permit the sealing or expunging of a DUI charge. They do this because multiple DUI offenses on a persons record trigger increased penalties each time that person is arrested and convicted.