Skip to main content

Free legal advice on rape and if victim is obligated to child. can victim give up child and obligation to support?

Flint, MI |

mentally incapacitated person was raped. a child was produced. can that person abort or give up child. are they obligated for support if not.

Attorney Answers 2


The person probably has a guardian (or state appointed caregiver of some sort). That person will be responsible for making any decisions relating to this issue. Are you that person?

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

1 comment



no i am the person. i no longer have a gaurdian. only a payee for finances


If this person hasn't already done so, I suggest going to the police and filing charges for the rape. Also, depending on their ability to make decisions, this is an issue that the person should discuss with their guardian or caregiver.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics